Kitchen Sink Salad
When there is no time to plan for dinner, and the refrigerator is full of this and that, I find that is when the best salads are created. The key? Throw an egg on top!
- Any available greens – Spinach, lettuce, watercress, etc.
- Any available veggies – tomato, onion, carrot, pepper, etc.
- Anything in a jar – olives, sun dried tomatoes, roasted peppers, etc.
- Any nuts – pistachios, almonds, cashews, mixed, etc.
- Any available protein – leftover steak or chicken, cold cuts, salami, even dried jerky
- Any cheese – cheddar, goat, gouda are great. Roquefort is the best for a salad like this.
- 1-2 eggs cooked over-easy and cooled
- ¼ tsp fresh minced garlic
- ¼ tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Compile the above ingredients. Simply drizzle with EVOO and reduced balsamic vinegar to taste. You may also premix your EVOO, balsamic, garlic and Dijon, but if you don’t have time, I find it works just fine to add directly to the salad.